Add2Home 1.6.3 for J2.5 Released
This small plugin for #Joomla! add a message inviting iPhone/iPad users to add the web application to the home screen.
The code is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch, iPhone4 and iPad. On older devices the “add” icon is a “+” while on iOS 4.2 it has been replaced with . The script detects the OS version and displays the appropriate icon.
The message appears after 2 seconds (customizable) from page load, and is destroyed after 20 seconds (also customizable). The balloon enters and exits the screen with a quick configurable animation: drop from top, bubble from bottom or fade in/out. Additionally it also let you choose a custom icon for your blog when a visitor adds your website to start screen.
- New version for #Joomla 2.5 / 1.5
- New CSS,
- Add support for returningVisitor: show the message to returning visitors only. Set this to true and the message won’t be shown the first time an user visits your site. Default: false,
- Add support for autostart: should the balloon be automatically initiated? Default: true.
- BUG: now touchIcon is properly inserted in message
- Add support for custom iconMessage,
- add support status-bar styling:
Sets the style of the status bar for a web application.
This meta tag has no effect unless you first specify full-screen mode as described in “apple-mobile-web-app-capable.”
If content is set to default, the status bar appears normal. If set to black, the status bar has a black background. If set to black-translucent, the status bar is black and translucent. If set to default or black, the web content is displayed below the status bar. If set to black-translucent, the web content is displayed on the entire screen, partially obscured by the status bar. The default value is default.
You can see a demo of it at http://vimeo.com/19090508 and it is currently active on this blog.
You can create your own Apple icon using free online service like http://wizardtoolkit.com/shooter/iPhone-Icon-Generator