This small plugin for Joomla! add a message inviting iPhone/iPad users to add the web application to the home screen.
The code is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch, iPhone4 and iPad. On older devices the “add” icon is a “+” while on iOS 4.2 it has been replaced with . The script detects the OS version and displays the appropriate icon.
The message appears after 2 seconds (customizable) from page load, and is destroyed after 20 seconds (also customizable). The balloon enters and exits the screen with a quick configurable animation: drop from top, bubble from bottom or fade in/out. Additionally it also let you choose a custom icon for your blog when a visitor adds your website to start screen.
- New version for Joomla 2.5 / 1.5
- New CSS,
- Add support for returningVisitor: show the message to returning visitors only. Set this to true and the message won’t be shown the first time an user visits your site. Default: false,
- Add support for autostart: should the balloon be automatically initiated? Default: true.
- BUG: now touchIcon is properly inserted in message
- Add support for custom iconMessage,
- add support status-bar styling:
Sets the style of the status bar for a web application.
This meta tag has no effect unless you first specify full-screen mode as described in “apple-mobile-web-app-capable.”
If content is set to default, the status bar appears normal. If set to black, the status bar has a black background. If set to black-translucent, the status bar is black and translucent. If set to default or black, the web content is displayed below the status bar. If set to black-translucent, the web content is displayed on the entire screen, partially obscured by the status bar. The default value is default.
Full list of changes available in GIT commit e1e375cc44d594236db2a84702bad6f426ce99b6
This plugin is based on the project add2Home (MIT license) and all credits goes to the author Matteo Spinelli
You can see a demo of it at http://vimeo.com/19090508 and it is currently active on this blog.
You can create your own Apple icon using free online service like http://wizardtoolkit.com/shooter/iPhone-Icon-Generator