It seems that the latest sport these days is to hack a running device powered by a linux kernel. This time Linux reveal its power inside a Network Attached Storage (NAS). Originally powered by a Linksys firmware, it can be enhanced greatly by an open source alternative openSlug(beta but promising) or Unslug(stable)
1. Number of drives attached to slug can be greater than 2.
2. Bluetooth support can be added.
3. More RAM can be supported.
4. RunApex and use a different bootloader with cool features.
5. OpenSlugNativeCompileEnvironment Compile natively on OpenSlug.
Thanks people, I will surely aquire one NSLU2 very soon!
The same idea, but a different device: Wireless router WRT54G