- Over 40% of Web applications run PHP.
- Over 25% of the Web runs PHP.
- PHP is used in over 22.2 million Internet domains.
- By far the most installed Apache module: Over 45% of all Apache servers on the Internet run PHP.
- 30% of PHP developers work for a Web agency, 22% in software development departments, 18% for consulting companies, and 10% are independent consultants.
- About 700 developers contribute to the PHP project.
- An estimated 2,500,000 developers worldwide work in PHP.
- 47% of projects are software applications and 36% are Websites. 39% have more than 10,000 lines of code.
- 75% of projects are connected to other systems. 35% use another application server and 0.3% interface with SAP.
- 20% of projects use an interface other than the Web, namely command line, rich client, etc.
- 48% of users are in Europe, 36% in North America, 8% in Asia and Africa.
- PHP is selected for its simplicity (89%), its flexibility (66%), and because it is free (66%).