I have convince Ianl Ford to publish the source code of it's game Scribble screenshot here, to sourceforge Project: Scribble Game
A word game featuring double-letter score, triple-word score, etc. You play against the fast and furious robot. 100% Java. The project could use a look-ahead algorithm and some better choices of dictionaries.
Development Status: 5 - Production/Stable
- Intended Audience: Developers, Education
- Operating System: OS Independent (Written in an interpreted language)
- Programming Language: Java
- Topic: Board Games
- User Interface: Java AWT
I have already done a lot of small things...thanks to eclipse and it's integrated refactoring browser
- Huge refactoring : 12 new packages, no magic values in code, interface, factories, abstractions, and so on...
- Add log4j support,
- Create a robot: Dummy because Einstein as strategist is playing too good
- A french dictionnary (ODS4: 369085 words) and a german one are on track...
- Internationalization: US-FR-DE
You can participate to the project by contacting the administrator, I especially need help with AWT/(use SWT?)
I will publish change to sourceforge CVS soon...