Do not buy or use this simulator, prefer Reflex XTR (www.reflex-sim.de)
- very accurate, you can measure data on your heli and put them into your simulator with no changes...
- runs on ladtop, and small machine, no need to have an expensive video card, CSM add support for Windows 2000, winXP...
- very very accurate...but very very bad looking
- very precise interface connected to lpt1, support to 12 channels....
- True heading lock gyro ICG360
- Update are free, you can really build new airplanes and new heli and not derivate from an existing one (compare to realflight)
- bad graphics but is it really so bad ? we want to fly rapidly and acquire feeling...it is not a technical demo.
- proprietary dongle
Download file :
Technical section :
Connect CSM 10 to a futaba FF9 : You must own the dongle, we only want to bypass the use of the jack connector and use a DIN..or connect to the proprietary connector..
Run CSM in Windows 2000 :
This is only a small extract of a newsgroup post by Andrew Powell (CSM).
1. Download and install the RainbowSSD539 sentinel driver from http://www.rainbow.com/tech/download.html
2. Install the driver you just downloaded - leave all the options on.(you don&39;t need to reboot to do this).
3. Open the revent CSM folder, choose the file you wish to run eg heli10.exe and right click and choose
a) choose the "Program" tab and make sure the "Run" dropdown says "Maximised",
b) choose the "Screen" tab and make sure the "Usage" is "Full screen" (the others can stay checked/unchecked as they are)
c) choose the "Misc" tab, uncheck "Allow screen saver", "Exclusive Mode" "Always suspend", "Fast pasting" and I also suggest you uncheck most (if not all) of the "Windows shortcut keys" as using them will HANG your computer (no way out!)
d) click OK.
If you can&39;t use the mouse in more than 1/2 the screen. Use the "P" key to scroll down the menus "H" key to scroll up the menus. The "Enter" key to
select and the "-"/"+" keys (not numpad - although it may work) to change options. All the other keys should work as advertised.
Don&39;t (DONT) use the windows key, or windows key combinations.. As it tends to hang the machine.comments powered by Disqus